Thursday, May 3, 2012

What a Great Day

I just had to post tonight and say what a beautiful drive today I had up the 101. Left Colton and headed west and west and further west through downtown LA traffic until I ran into ocean and then turned right (north). Through Ventura and Santa Barbara all along the coast, 245 miles to Santa Maria Valley...wine country. We are now 26 miles away from Pismo Beach waiting to pick up produce at our first stop tomorrow am. Then head back down south to Fullerton, CA for another pick up. We then head to Ohio for our first delivery and then to Indiana for our final delivery. I feel as if we are running LTL again!

We had an awesome dinner at a famous restaurant called Pappy's, which has been in business since 1957, right here in Santa Maria. Ronald Reagon and many other photos grace their walls of famous visitors. Best grilled tri tip I have ever had and the staff was fantastic. Could not have had a better ending to an awesome day.

I woke up tired this morning and when Jeff went to sleep I was not looking forward to the drive, but as I got further west and was rewarded with ocean views all of my crabiness went away and I remembered why I love this job so much. It's all about the eye candy. Thanks for a great day, we truly are blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment