Saturday, November 23, 2013

Loving the Southwest Territory

They say payback is a...well you know. After working all summer in the southwest our reward has arrived. The weather has been so enjoyable. I can't remember a job that we have been able to wear shorts and flip flops on a daily basis in November. Temps in the 70's and even 80's...um yeah, bring it! We spent a couple of weeks in the Phoenix area taking care of all of the Arizona stores. People that know me know that I don't have real fond memories of Phoenix... but I'm getting better about it. I've decided it is a great place to visit, but could never live there again. However, We are becoming very interested in the Parker/Lake Havasu area. Located in the northwest corner of the state on the California border in the high desert...its beautiful. This summer it was miserably hot, 105+, when dropping our loads at the Lake Havasu store, but now it is just perfect! Perfect enough to even look at some properties for a possible second home...we could become snowbirds! Its far enough away from Phoenix for me and the people we have met have been nothing but helpful and friendly. Parker is located directly on the Colorado River and as I was driving through last week on a full moon, I don't think I have witnessed anything more beautiful. We need to get a 34 hour reset in this area to look at more properties and explore this option further.
I also have to give kudos to The Loves once again. When arrived home this week we had each received a cute card in the mail wishing us a Happy Thanksgiving and enclosed was a $20 certificate to buy our family a Thanksgiving turkey or groceries. We have NEVER worked for such a great company that appreciates their employees and takes care of us so well. Thank you Tom Love and family. Nice touch and very much appreciate your thought.
On a different note. Our meals have been almost all out of our truck since California has some of the best Mexican food ever. This must be curtailed. I have not had to buy any new clothes, however, I am not comfortable where I'm at right now and need to make some changes. I purchased a Nuwave Mini Oven which cooks with infrared technology. It grills, steams, bakes and toasts. Just picked it up from home, Amazon is my best friend, and made a few trial runs while on home time. Made filets, broccoli and new potatoes one evening...very yummy. Then tried the baking with some Pilsbury Grand cinnamon rolls. They turned out great, so when we head out tomorrow this will be our new addition to the truck. I'm seeing more grilled chicken over yummy salads and other healthier alternatives.
We have been off for the past 5 days now and we have completely enjoyed our home time. Spent time with family, got our green chili fix, had a early Christmas celebration, got the plates for our new Mini, a snow storm, got a tattoo, lunch with a long lost cousin of Jeff's (30 years), spa day for London, nails done, hair cut and colored and of course nightly soaking in our hot tub that I wish we could bring with us in our sleeper! But fun time is over and its time to get back to warmer weather...oh darn.
As I sit here and finish my glass of Merlot, I wish everybody a very Happy Thanksgiving and hope you all have a great holiday with family and friends. We will be somewhere warm, hopefully, enjoying each others company. Thank God we found each other!








No comments:

Post a Comment