Thursday, July 18, 2013

Still a Woman in a Man's World

I am standing here in Gila Bend, AZ at the Loves waiting for our 5 th load of the day to finish. This day started out with nothing going right at each store, to our credit, it was none of our doing, however, this job has taught me patience. We get paid by the day, not by the mile or by the load...so why stress out about things that are out of your control? Jeff is now sleeping and he finished helping me load the truck, then I drove to Gila Bend and for the first time, I have completely handled this offload from start to finish. I have to say I am pretty proud of myself. Not only are we the first Team that Loves has hired...I am very proud to say that I am the only woman that works in the southwest region. I am really starting to like this job and London is getting used to the different rhythm from flatbedding.
We spent all last week in California loading from Port Huemene. Got to stop in Oxnard where we used to load strawberries when we ran reefer for USX and load up on avacados, peaches and mangos. This will definetely be a regular stop for us. We are now in AZ and will move on to NM towards the end of the week. We are planning on working our way home for the 3rd week in July for Cheyenne Frontier Days. Jason Aldean on Friday the 24th and Toby Keith on Saturday the 25th...can't wait!
Until next time...looking forward to getting out of 100+ degrees, on the bright side, I have a wicked tan!