Thursday, April 26, 2012

Crazy Couple of Weeks

Sorry its been awhile...kinda got out of our rythm. We have been running good, back and forth several times. Some loads are due in 2 days and some we have 4 days to get across the country. We have been hauling mostly all reefer loads...Dole bananas, fresh picked strawberries from Oxnard, CA out east, we have done this one twice now. I am liking this area of California a lot. It's agriculture heaven, with fresh everything and close to the ocean to still enjoy fresh seafood. We found a great Mexican market and have had some yummy meals in the truck. The reefer freight is great heading east, but not so great heading back west. We have hauled...cigarettes, Nordstrom loads and picked up from other trucking companies, all in reefer trailers (not turned on of course) to get us and the reefer trailers back to the west coast. Freight is wierd. Just when you can get in a good pattern and the loads are going smoothly...everything changes.

Being the semi-control freak that I am (depends on who you ask) this has been good for me. I like to see myself more as A Planner, than a control freak. It's just easier when you have a plan and can stick to it. That rarely works in this industry because things are constantly changing. But I'be learned to accept it, I'm not embracing it yet...



No comments:

Post a Comment