Friday, March 2, 2012

Bad Apple's

For the first time in over a year I need to vent about this load we just took...what a joke. We knew it was going to be an issue when we picked it up from the shipper....too shady. When a shipper will not let you sign next to your signature, NAOD and STC, which stands for, Not Allowed on Dock and Said To Contain, there should b a red flag. I was told I could not sign it that way and on the original Bill of Lading the shipping clerk used white out to mark out my abbreviations next to my signature. If a shipper hands you paperwork and you are supposed to sign for the product loaded on your truck and they won't even back up what the paperwork says and what they loaded on your truck, that's a BIG problem. A Bill of Lading is a contract and anything altered on that contract, makes that agreement null and void.

Bottom line...we had product refused, and I don't think this is a US Xpress or driver issue. We, as drivers, did everything possible to protect our product on our truck, and US Xpress. We deliver the product in the exact way it was loaded on our truck. If you look at the pics below you can see that the vendor that received the product opened up cartons and moved product from said cartons AFTER the load was received. Are you now going to tell me that we are responsible for every piece of produce that is loaded on our truck in cartons? Insane. I am beginning to think that this produce hauling is a open invitation to liability to the carrier...if we had damaged any freight during transporting, we would have gladly admitted fault. But with 30 pallets and three load bars on this load (one even being a double load bar) I can guarantee you that NOTHING moved or fell while in transit. The product was loaded that way from the shipper.

The next Apple I eat will sure make me think twice about what it went through to get to my mouth.




No comments:

Post a Comment