Saturday, August 27, 2011

When in Rome...

Rolling through Virginia last night with the several thousand other people escaping hurricane Irene we came across the Virginia Diner. It boasted being the Peanut Capital of the World, how can you not stop to see that? 

Had a good dinner, I had crabcakes and Jeff had the buffet, which consisted of many rich foods such as, pulled pork (2 thumbs up), Tilapia (fried), brisket, various  'southern' veggies (fried or soaking in butter) and of course, banana pudding for dessert. The crabcakes were good, but not even close to what I had in Maryland...I guess I'm kind of a crabcakes snob now.  Jeff was very pleased with the buffet, he was asleep in the truck within half an hour. All in all it was nice to stop and have a good meal...which was not at a truck stop.

Bought a bag of peanuts in the shell...haven't tried them yet, but I can vouch for the double-dipped chocolate covered peanuts...they got me all the way to Ohio last night, they were yummy!


1 comment:

  1. This restaurant is located on the US460, in Wakefield, VA...and the peanuts were awesome too!

    ReplyDelete