Wednesday, November 25, 2009

We DID it!

Well we are happy to say that Jeff and I both graduated from Sage Truck Driving School on Monday the 24th. We had to pass our CDL test, which included a pre-trip inspection of the truck, a skills test (3 different types of backing the tractor with the trailer, 68 feet total) and then the road test. You cannot move forward on any of the tests if you don't pass them in order, so I was SOOOO glad when our instructor Craig got into the rig and asked if I was ready to drive for my road test.

Backing is not my specialty...and I say that in all confidence! I know this skill will get better with more practice, but this is one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do. You had one shot to get it right (no pressure there) you got penalized on all pull-ups (to correct your direction) as well as 2 points for every cone that you killed. I'm sure I was known as the cone-killer in secret amongst all of the instructors, but I took my time and thought about which way I was going wrong when I was backing and corrected my mistakes enough to make it through!

We went down to DMV on Tuesday and got our pictures taken for our official CDL License. How exciting it that??? Keep checking for new updates during our training....it should be pretty entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment